Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe is so light and creamy with the delicious lemon sauce. The tender potatoes and lemon garlic chicken combine for a flavor packed meal. Add a veggie and you have a complete and simple dinner idea.
Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe:
The crock pot does all the work for this delicious dinner idea. The lemon combines perfectly with the half and half to make a decadent cream sauce. The combination of these ingredients brings so much flavor to the chicken.
Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken and Potatoes are so tender and the cream sauce really takes the potatoes to a new level. We love this meal for busy weeknights because it requires hardly any work. All the ingredients are combined in the crock pot for an easy meal idea.
This entire meal is so filling and delicious but light enough to enjoy anytime of the year. I love meals that combine easy ingredients and are simple to make.
Why do you put Lemon Juice on Chicken?
Lemon juice is a must ingredient to squeeze over the chicken. It adds so much flavor and acidity to the chicken as well as tenderizing it. It keeps the chicken moist and delicious with an easy ingredient.
When using lemon as an added ingredient, I recommend using fresh lemon juice. The vibrate flavor it gives the chicken as well as adding to the juiciness gives it the best flavor.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Creamy Lemon Chicken:
- Chicken Breasts with Bone-In
- Red Potatoes
- Salt and Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- Minced Garlic – Learn How to Mince Garlic Cloves.
- Half and Half
While this is just a few simple ingredients, it really turns into something spectacular. The lemon flavor is so delicious and blends to make the best cream sauce for the chicken and potatoes.
How to make Crockpot Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken Recipe:
- Everything Cooks in the Slow Cooker – This is such an easy toss and go recipe. You will be amazed how little time it takes and just how delicious it is.
- Add the Potatoes and the chicken – The potatoes go in the bottom of the crock pot. The chicken goes on top and season it all thoroughly.
- Squeeze Fresh Lemon – Squeeze the lemons and top with butter. Easy!
- Top with Butter – Let the crock pot do the work and the chicken will be so tender and delicious. On top of the chicken add the butter cubes.
- Cover and Cook – Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Make Cream Sauce – A few minutes before serving, I like to mix the cornstarch with the half and half and stir in the crock pot.
- Spoon over Chicken Mixture – This step really takes the recipe up a level and makes the most amazing sauce. Spoon that tasty sauce over the chicken and potatoes and serve.
- Serve and Enjoy – It is so good. We love to serve over the potatoes and add a side of asparagus for a complete meal. You can also add lemon zest to the top of the chicken.
How do you know when Chicken is done?
When cooking the chicken in the crock pot, we make sure that each chicken is about the same size and thickness. To make sure that our chicken is done, we use an instant read meat thermometer. This ensures that the chicken is cooked to a safe temperature.
For chicken it needs to read an internal temperature of 165 degrees. When making chicken it is very important that it is done before serving.
Variations for Lemon Garlic Chicken in Slow Cooker:
- Change the Chicken – You can use chicken thighs, boneless skinless chicken breast or chicken tenderloins.
- Use different potatoes – Instead of red potatoes use baby potatoes or russet potatoes. Make sure that the potatoes are cut about the same size so they cook evenly.
- Add in Vegetables to the Slow Cooker – For a complete meal in the crock pot add green beans, broccoli or asparagus in the last hour of cooking time.
- Change the Seasoning – You can change the seasoning to what you have on hand. Sometimes I just use some season salt and pepper and the chicken comes out flavorful and juicy.
- Mashed Potatoes – Instead of roasting potatoes in the crock pot, you can make mashed potatoes to serve the chicken over.
- Garlic Powder – You can use garlic powder instead of minced garlic.
What to Serve with Lemon Chicken and Potatoes:
Lemon Chicken and Potatoes can be a complete meal. But we always like to make sure we serve a green vegetable or a salad. If you don’t add in the potatoes, you can even serve this over rice.
- Steam Broccoli – We love to steam broccoli. It is easy to steam in the microwave which makes an easy side dish with this hearty meal.
- Roasted Asparagus – Roasting asparagus in the oven always comes out perfectly.
- Easy Garden Salad – Chop up some lettuce and add your favorite topping to make an easy side dish.
- Roasted Green Beans – We love these delicious roasted green beans with the lemon chicken. They only take a minute to prepare and they are so yummy.
Cook Once Eat Twice:
We love to make a meal and be able to enjoy two different ways. This is the perfect to do that with. You can easily serve it with vegetables one night and the next night enjoy it with these suggestions:
- Serve over Pasta – The lemon and chicken flavor would be great over pasta. Shred the chicken and then serve on any type of pasta. Penne or Rigatoni are two of our favorites.
- Bake Potato – If you like bake potatoes, shred the chicken and spoon some of the sauce over the bake potato. Serve a side of broccoli and this becomes a complete meal.
- Add to a Salad – This chicken would be great over a salad.
How to Store Lemon Garlic Chicken:
Store any of your leftovers in an air tight container. Make sure you store the chicken with sauce because it just as good leftover as the chicken. We love the chicken the next day as much as when it came out of the slow cooker.
The flavors of the chicken, garlic and lemon marinate together to make the best leftovers. My husband loves to have this for lunch the next day.
Can you Freeze Lemon Garlic Chicken?
Yes, you can freeze lemon chicken recipe. You can freeze the leftovers and in air tight container that is freezer safe. I would not recommend freezing the potatoes with the chicken. I would make them fresh when you are ready to serve it again.
If you like to stock your freezer with meals, this is the perfect meal to do so. Prepare the freezer bags with the chicken and the seasoning. Then on serve day, add the cream sauce, lemon and potatoes with the chicken to the crock pot.
This is a quick way to get tossed in your crock pot with very little preparation.
Lemon Garlic Chicken is a crowd pleaser!
If you are looking for a different way to jazz up your chicken, try this lemon garlic recipe. You probably have all the ingredients so it would be easy to make this delicious, creamy recipe.
It has the perfect blend of garlic and lemon for an amazing cream sauce. Your family will love this new recipe. You can even make this Lemon Garlic Chicken in the Instant Pot for a quick meal idea.
Being able to throw this together quickly and easily really helps to avoid the temptation of getting take out. Everyone is much happier with a delicious home cooked meal anyway.
Print this Crockpot Lemon Garlic Chicken recipe below:
Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe
Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe is light and creamy with the tasty lemon sauce. The tender potatoes and lemon garlic chicken combine perfectly.
Place the potatoes at the bottom of the crock pot.
Add the chicken on the top. Season with salt, pepper, italian seasoning, and minced garlic.
Squeeze the lemons over the chicken.
Top with the butter.
Cook on low 6-8 hours.
Meanwhile mix the cornstarch with the half and half.
30 minutes before serving stir in the crock pot.
Spoon sauce over the chicken and potatoes and serve.
Calories 582kcal, Carbohydrates 43g, Protein 46g, Fat 25g, Saturated Fat 13g, Cholesterol 176mg, Sodium 799mg, Potassium 1792mg, Fiber 5g, Sugar 4g, Vitamin A 700IU, Vitamin C 49.6mg, Calcium 97mg, Iron 2.7mg
More Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes: